Saturday, April 3, 2010

Praise

Isn't it amazing how God will often give us a job or project, and in the end it will benefit us as much as or more than the person who we do it for? I've had a case of the blues lately, and have been struggling to get rid of them. Not so long ago, God had me start work on a blog project (not this blog), and one of the things I wrote about is how much praise helps with overcoming sadness and/or depression. I know this, I've experienced it, and I just wrote about it, so what did I do when I had the blues? NOTHING!!! Well, that's not entirely true, but nothing helpful, I just kept thinking how much I needed to snap out of it. Suddenly yesterday, I remembered that I know what to do, I know how to snap out of it. I pulled out my favorite praise music, and within 10 minutes I felt fantastic! I'm so glad God had me write that, I apparently really needed the reminder.

Today I'm feeling so thankful for the wonderful people in my life that taught me how to truly praise God with my whole heart and my whole being. Over the years it has been one of the things that has most changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment on my ramblings, please do, I enjoy hearing from you.