Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankful

Today I am thankful for:
- a wonderful son who thinks that opening the door for his mommy is one of the greatest things in the world. Thanks daddy for teaching our little boy to be a gentleman!
- a loving husband who didn't kill me when we spent 15 minutes hunting for 4 checks ($300 that we couldn't afford to lose), just to find them sitting on the counter under a Walgreens ad.
- Enough money to eat out every now and then, and the lack of money that we've had that has made us appreciate what a treat that is.
- The opportunity to take care of one of the sweetest little girls on the planet, and the constant reminder she provides of just how far Nick has come.
- My SUV that faithfully carts the 3 of us (who those three are may vary from time to time) around town. It may be a mess inside, but it's all ours.
- Bills that get paid a little easier each month then they did the month before.
- My wonderful Erik who gets to write the checks and thus deal with the stress of making sure all of those bills get paid, and paid on time each month.
- My business that allows me to help with some of the expenses and gives me an outlet for some of my creative energy, as well as my need to have something to do that can actually be said to be done (houses get dirty as fast as they get cleaned)
- The fact that God has pulled people out of my life that have been unhealthy or destructive to me, has shown me the people who are already in my life that I can rely upon and who really care about me, and is sending new people all of the time that I am getting the priviledge of getting to know.
- A beautiful house that is twice as big as our last, and has enough room that we don't feel like we're sitting on each other. Sometimes I forget just how nice it is because I get boggled down by our lack of furniture and decorations, but it is a wonderful house. I can hardly wait to get it decorated up for the holidays.
- Time spent today, spinning around on the merry-go-round at the park with Nick. It's one of those wonderful playground toys from when I was young that they just don't make anymore, and we had so much fun spinning our hearts out and watching the BLUE, BLUE, Idaho sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment on my ramblings, please do, I enjoy hearing from you.