Friday, February 26, 2010

Continuing

To continue with Nick's first lost tooth, it had been loose all of Christmas. We were driving back from California and he suddenly started crying that his tooth was hurting. It was so loose that it was pinching his gum. We pulled over at the first place we could stop, which ended up being a Dairy Queen, so Erik went in and got him an ice cream (we figured it would help numb it if he was in pain after it came out), and put Nick up in the front seat with me. Nick opened his mouth, let me pull the tooth which took almost no pressure to pull, and didn't even cry. He made a little noise of surprise when it came out and then started laughing (he'd been expecting pain and was relieved). Then he got his ice cream and we got back on the road. The tooth fairy visited and left him $2.

When we got back from Christmas, Nick had the sniffles, Erik and I were sick soon after. They guys got better, but I got pneumonia. I was admitted to the hospital on January 23 with an oxygen level of 86. It took a week for me to get out, and then I came home on oxygen. It was a very difficult few weeks for our family, and even now, almost a full month since I've been out, I still don't feel like I've gotten our lives back to normal, but it was really a learning experience. I'll write more about that later probably.

After an extended Christmas break due to all of the illnesses, we finally got back to homeschooling on the 8th.

Nick lost his second tooth this past week, on Friday, February 19. It had been getting loose for a long time and finally was easy to pull on Friday. Somehow despite talking about it all night, we forgot to help the tooth fairy visit him during the night. Fortunately she showed up later in the morning, she left Nick a note, apparently she got caught in traffic.

That about catches us up on the day to day type stuff. This year didn't start out well, but we're all alive and well, and both of the businesses are going well, so I think we weathered through it all okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment on my ramblings, please do, I enjoy hearing from you.