Sunday, February 28, 2010

Personal Walls and God's Creations

I've been doing more reading in my Chosen to Remember book, have I mentioned this book is amazing? Anyways, today's reading was talking about the walls we build around ourselves in order to protect ourself.

I am a proficient wall builder, I learned at a very young age how to build very good walls. At times my walls have been nearly impenetrable. At one point I had brought my walls down significantly, but unless I purposely and mindfully keep them down, I tend to rebuild them over time.

Anyhow, the author was writing that we build walls to defend ourselves, but in reality, we are building walls because we fear that we are not really worth defending, that we are worthless. We build the walls to keep people from seeing who we really are. This is totally unnecessary though, because the person that is hidden behind those walls, the part of us that we are hiding behind all of the fear, judgement, and other things of the world, that person is God's perfect creation. We are God's perfect creation. I am God's perfect creation.

This leaves us with a choice. We can accept ourselves as God's perfect creations and live our lives truly KNOWING we are God's perfect creations. If we see ourselves as God's perfect creations, we will also be able to see the perfection of God's creations in others, and be able to view them with the pure love of God. This path will bring us the peace that only comes from a close relationship with God. On the other hand, we can continue to see ourselves through the illusions of the world and the walls that we have built around ourselves, illusions built by judgement, fear, and seperation. If we choose this road, we will find ourselves viewing others with judgement and/or fear, and will find that road leads to a lack of peace as judgement and strife pull us away from God.

There was so much more, but I just really needed to share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to comment on my ramblings, please do, I enjoy hearing from you.